By Robert Bryson-Richardson
Zebrafish are largely thought of a superb model system for vertebrate improvement. The embryo is obvious, thereby permitting visualization and use of labelling and transgenic techniques. additionally, due to the ease of inducing new mutations in zebrafish and similarity with the human genome, this organism can be utilized successfully for disorder stories. for instance, mutant zebrafish are being applied for checking out medications that might strive against various human ailments, from Alzheimer's and melanoma to kidney failure and congenital center sickness. For the 1st time, this atlas presents the learn neighborhood with an entire reference for zebrafish anatomy spanning the early embryo the entire option to adulthood.
The authors hire the means of optical projection tomography (OPT), and supply a chain of sections in a number of planes from each one pattern. The contents are equipped by way of developmental phases, with over two hundred photographs that comprise annotations describing anatomical constructions suitable to improvement. additionally, chapters function explanatory textual content that highlights significant advancements within the zebrafish in the course of every one stage.
- Provides the 1st accomplished anatomical source that covers all areas of zebrafish anatomy from the larval interval to adulthood
- The over two hundred photos contain explanatory notes
- Each bankruptcy incorporates a concise description of key anatomical gains that think about zebrafish development
- Despite a long time of use as a version process, before there hasn't ever been a consultant to zebrafish on the larval stage
- The book's site includes a database of over 10k sections from various areas in addition to 3D photos which are interactive
Read Online or Download Atlas of Zebrafish Development PDF
Best developmental biology books
This quantity contains useful tools on the point of molecular, mobile, and entire organism biology in vertebrate and invertebrate types. It provides simple protocols written step by step for cutting-edge ideas with the emphasis on single-cell solution systems. Key gains * offers easy, present protocols and demanding value determinations * comprises varied research of mobile and molecular options * provides every thing from whole-organ cultures to electrophysiological techniques * info a number of tools for interfering with gene functionality in quite a few species * deals a number of illusions of in situ hybridization, immunostaining, and apoptosis
This e-book offers a pragmatic consultant to experimental tools for learning the advance invertebrate deuterostomes as animal version platforms. The chapters supply precise experimental protocols that conceal a vast diversity of subject matters in glossy experimental equipment. subject matters lined diversity from rearing embryos to the care of grownup animals, whereas additionally offering the elemental experimental tools together with mild and electron microscopy, used to review gene expression, transgenics, opposite genetics, and genomic ways.
This new version deals unique overviews overlaying a large zone of fungal progress and replica at the mechanistic and molecular point. It contains 18 chapters by way of eminent scientists within the box and is – just like the past variation – divided into the 3 sections: Vegetative procedures and progress, signs in development and improvement, and Reproductive procedures.
This atlas provides 233 virus diagrams chosen for his or her medical content material, readability, originality, and old, didactic, and aesthetic price. Virus lifestyles in Diagrams assembles the numerous diagrams of viral existence cycles, particle meeting, and methods of nucleic acid replication which are scattered in the course of the literature.
- Hormones And Their Receptors In Fish Reproduction (Molecular Aspects of Fish & Marine Biology)
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology, Vol. 59
- Translational Research and Discovery in Gastroenterology: Organogenesis to Disease
- Evolutionary Biology, Cell-Cell Communication, and Complex Disease
Extra info for Atlas of Zebrafish Development
Medulla oblongata 6. notochord 7. spinal cord 8. myotome 9. yolk 10. heart 11. hypothalamus 12. anterior commissure 13. forebrain ventricle 14. 18 3 12 2 1 4 5 11 10 9 8 7 6 1. tegmentum 2. fourth ventricle 3. medulla oblongata 4. liver 5. myotome 6. yolk 7. heart 8. hypothalamus 9. anterior commissure 10. forebrain ventricle 11. optic tectum 12. 21 3 5 1 12 13 8 1. optic tectum 2. tegmentum 3. cerebellum 4. fourth ventricle 5. medulla oblongata 6. liver 7. myotome 8. yolk 9. heart 10. hypothalamus 11.
17. 18. 19. 20. heart gill arches ceratohyal basihyal optic chiasm 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 15 3 5 6 21 1 20 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. telencephalon epiphysis optic tectum hypothalamus cerebellum 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 7 8 11 22 10 9 13 18 19 16 15 4 medulla oblongata swim bladder vertical myoseptum spinal cord notochord 12 14 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. myotome gut yolk extension yolk gill arches 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. ceratohyal hypophysis palatoquadrate cartilage optic chiasm anterior commissure 21. pallium 22. 18 23 27 26 4 23 12 25 15 24 1.
22 7 medulla oblongata swim bladder notochord vertical myoseptum myotome 15 13 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. horizontal myoseptum yolk extension gut pancreas yolk 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. heart gill arches ceratohyal basihyal optic chiasm 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 15 3 5 6 21 1 20 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. telencephalon epiphysis optic tectum hypothalamus cerebellum 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 7 8 11 22 10 9 13 18 19 16 15 4 medulla oblongata swim bladder vertical myoseptum spinal cord notochord 12 14 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. myotome gut yolk extension yolk gill arches 16.